I had an entirely different post planned for today... I was going to revel you guys with tales of feeling "off" and grumble about our lack of downtime. Scintillating stuff, yes? Suffice to say, it was going to be less than upbeat.
But (lucky for you, because who really wants to read a bunch of complaints on a Monday), I had an especially good chat on the way to work this morning with a really wise friend who said this:
"This moment is really the only guarantee we have. You need to find ways to appreciate it...Take a deep breath (or two) and find five things to be grateful for from your weekend and then move forward."
She's smart that one, so I'm going to do what she says. (And because I'm trying to be extra grateful, I'm going to do six, cool?) Here goes...
- An excellent dinner with dear friends
- A brunch date with Audrey and the world's loveliest sisters
- Blissful sunny weather
- The tea that Michelle sent me
- The goat cheese topped with apricot jam and Marcona almonds that I devoured last night
- A little note that Millie made for me that said simply, "Love Mom"
What are you grateful for this weekend?