Given the current circumstances, I thought it would be helpful to my state of mind (which continues to improve, thanks in part to all your immense loveliness yesterday) to revel in some goodness. Practicing gratitude was, after all, one of my 2011 goals.
So herewith five things I am thankful for at this very moment:
- The green curry that lovely cousin Erin brought over for dinner last night.
- The peals of (genuine) laughter (not the usual laughter followed by fighting) coming from the girlies' makeshift sleeping quarters in the den this morning.
- My tinyDallas partners -- I am immensely grateful for those lovely, smart, funny, kind ladies.
- Watching Audrey and Bryan painstakingly construct a LEGO house last night which lead to a marathon session on the Internet looking at Frank Lloyd Wright’s architecture. Man, I love those two together.
- This post... it's just so right on. You are a wise one Elizabeth!
Ok and now, as promised, the final "Beach Week" giveaway that I completely dropped the ball on last week. The lovely Meg and Teresa, the ladies behind one of my all-time favorite kid's lines, Kit + Lili (the girlies wear their K+L dresses non-stop), have offered up a sweet size four "Franny" dress in lavender leaf stripe...pictured below. (It could also be worn as a top by a five or six year-old.)
Just leave a comment on this post by Sunday, May 1st at Midnight CST, and I'll announce the winner on Monday.
And, without further ado, some of the things that inspired Meg & Teresa as they created the Kit + Lili Spring/Summer 2011 collection.
image via Leslie Williamson
Light -- we love how the sun rays stream in our studio/office.
image via Saipua
Nature -- Wood, Pebbles and Roses (my dad loved roses and cultivated them, had tons of books on roses in his library).
Prints from Past Collections -- apples, waves, leaf stripe, hearts & fish...