images via Krista Schrock design
Krista Schrock has amazing taste...
She's an incredibly gifted interior designer (those are two of the rooms she's designed above, which, I should note, I would happily move right in to, tout de suite). And her blog, A Note on Design, is hugely inspirational. In fact, it's one of my very, very favorites on all of the interwebs.
image via collected
She's also launching a new magazine, Collected, that I literally can not wait to see in full...I have a feeling it's going to be brilliant.
And her list, well her list is of course fantastic...a gorgeous bag, perfect furniture, a most excellent band, a crush-worthy foodie. It's all sorts of goodness.
So without further ado, herewith Krista's favorites. Enjoy and have a lovely weekend friends!
- Daniel Tosh -- Let me first say that Daniel Tosh is not for everyone. I have been a fan of his for many many years. His show, Tosh.0 on Comedy Central, is hands down my favorite. He is ruthless with his words but his good looks allow him get always with everything. Catch his show on Tuesday nights at 10pm.
- Frits Henningsen Danish Furniture Designer -- I am constantly inspired by all Danish furniture design however Frits Henningsen’s furniture makes me melt. He really has perfected the sculpted lines, the perfectly patinaed leather and the tufts.
- Proenza Schouler PS1 Medium Leather Satchel -- This is by far my most lust worthy item right now. I don’t really follow fashion too much but proenza schouler is definitely my favorite design duo. They just get it right every time!
- Hermes Perfume Poivre Samarcande -- I have never actually purchased this perfume but have received it as a gift three times. I think it is a men’s cologne and its peppery smell is totally divine. I always gravitate towards men’s smells opposed to feminine, floral smells. (Also, love Gucci Pour Homme cologne too.)
- 1stdibs -- As an interior designer, 1stdibs is my number one resource for sourcing and locating furniture for clients. It’s an amazing resource for research as well as the best furniture shopping from around the world. I also enjoy their special features called Shop Talk as well as their recommendations on design books.
- Portlandia -- If you haven’t seen Portlandia yet please RUN to set your DVR’s for IFC! This show is funny on a different level.
- William Eggleston -- I was recently introduced to William Eggleston's photography from my friend Kelly after we attended a rather large exhibit of his work at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. He is now, hands down, my favorite photographer. His photos are ethereal and soft in color. His black & white photos are pretty great too!
- Mark Bittman -- I was introduced to Mark Bittman from the show with Gwyneth Paltrow and Mario Batali called Spain on the Road Again that aired on PBS a few years ago. Since then, I have followed his every move through the NY Times as well as his books and TV. I recently purchased his latest cookbook- How to Cook Everything, Vegetarian and am slowly making my way through it.
- Spain on the Road Again -- After Sex and the City, Spain on the Road Again is one of those shows you can watch again and again. The show follows Mario Batalli, Gwyneth Paltrow, Mark Bittman and Claudia Basols as they eat and drink their way through Spain. Really – I mean the best show ever...
- Phoenix -- Phoenix just rocks and the lead singer is married to Sophia Coppola, so I would say they dont get much cooler than that!
- Collected Magazine – A brand new online lifestyle magazine that I co-founded. Collected will encompass an array of design, including interiors, graphics, product and packaging, as well as travel, fashion, and food — all of the things that we love and live with everyday.