Over the past year, I've had the chance to meet some of these fantastic hometown ladies, including the utterly fantastic Beth of Hello, Splendor, and I have to say, it makes me feel like my town is infinitely cooler because she resides here.
Beth is an all-around awesome chic. She's an interior designer, writer, blogger and jewelry designer...oh and she has a sweet baby boy, Maxton, too (so, clearly she's not a slacker). Further proof of her coolness? In addition to sharing her favorites with us this week, she's offered up a little giveaway to one of my readers -- that kickin' necklace above. See, so nice!
Just leave a comment on this post by next Thursday, August 5th at midnight, and I'll announce a winner on next week's blogger's favorites post.
So without further ado, herewith Beth's favorites. Enjoy and have a splendid weekend.
photos clockwise from top (1,2,3,4,5)
- Being in Love: Being in love and having companionship is, quite simply, the best. I am lucky enough to be in love with, not one, but two men. My husband and son are the two people that make the earth spin for me… It’s hard to remember life without them.
- Beetles: I’m a lover of beetles as an icon in fashion and décor. There is something so ancient and symbolic about the scarab. However, the real thing… I can do without those.
- Stormy Days: The sound of thunder and rain always puts me at ease. When my husband and I lived in our loft we would just lie in bed and listen to the raindrops on our metal roof. Those are some of my best memories of blissful simplicity.
- The Jersey Shore: Living in Philadelphia, I grew up going to Ocean City every weekend in the summers. Now it’s a place that I get to share with my own family. We recently started trekking up to the shore from Texas every year as our family trip and it’s truly my new happy place.
- Sparkling Beverages: I love anything sparkling… champagne, sparking sangria, prosecco… I feel so fancy drinking it! And, I’m going to go ahead and slide beer into this category, as well. Not quite as fancy, but I do enjoy a good beer!
- The Blogging Community: I have met so many amazing people since I have begun to blog. Some virtual friends turned real friends have brought new energy into my life! Connecting with people in this different way has added a whole new layer to my life. I have a whole new passion
- Personalized Jewelry: I’m not a diamond kind of girl, but I love to have more casual personalized jewelry made. I recently ordered a necklace with my twitter tag @hellosplendor. I also commissioned a ring, by the amazing f. is for frank, with my son’s name Maxton.
- An Evening Bath: As a new mom, I love to escape in the bathtub. An evening bubble bath is the one time that I get complete solitude. For me it’s necessary to get away, gather my thoughts, and gain perspective.
- Chocolate and Bacon: Is there anything better?? The most delicious bacon and chocolate treat I’ve had so far was actually at my husband’s cousin’s restaurant in LA, called Animal. Their chocolate/bacon creation has even been featured on Food Network’s The Best Thing I Ever Ate. And let me tell you… It was.
- Re-Design: As a professional interior designer, I find that I get to exercise creativity more in re-designing furniture and spaces then getting to start from scratch. There is always more of a challenge in creating something new from something old. Plus, it’s nice to give mother earth a little break by reuse.