No I usually play it safe, clinging to a few basics that I wear constantly (read: until they're threadbare) and then mixing things up with fun necklaces and shoes.
As a general rule, I don't think it's a bad way to dress. But it's not necessarily exciting either -- Let's just say I'm not likely to get snapped by Garance Doré in this lifetime...
Lack of sartorial elan aside, I thought it might be fun to start a new (weekly?) feature where I share an outfit currently in heavy rotation and give you the details of each piece. (+ a few of you have e-mailed and commented lately asking where certain things are from, so it seemed like a good solution.)
Here goes, I've worn this striped tank, cardigan, jeans (now that it's getting hotter, I'll swap out the jeans for a black cotton skirt...) combo no less than five times over the past month, so I thought it would be a good ensemble to kick-off the series.
- Striped tank -- Demylee (scored on Gilt)
- Black cardigan -- C&C California
- Jeans -- Gap Cropped Skinny Destructed Jeans
- Necklace -- One of my homemade necklaces twisted up with a broken chain from Martin + Osa
- Shoes -- Marc Jacobs (a gift from my friend Julie, who clearly gives awesome gifts...)