I love putting together the Blogger’s Favorites features for you guys, so I’m jazzed about having a whole new line-up of great lists after a little holiday hiatus.
First up is the lovely and über tasteful Abbey of Abbey Goes Design Scouting… Regular readers of her blog (and if you aren’t, you should be!) will already know that she has an insanely lovely NYC apartment, a super romantic husband (for her 29th birthday, he gifted her with 52 tiny red envelopes with a handwritten love note and a bit of cash in each, just enough to run across the street to the flower stand and make a bouquet, once a week) and a most excellent etsy shop.
Herewith Abbey’s favorites, enjoy…Happy Friday!
- Amaryllis -- plants never fail to makeme happy.
- Wolf Kahn 2009 Calendar -- I make a point of buying this calendar every year -- it hangs in our kitchen and it is one of the first things I see every day. Wolf Kahn's ability to render light warms up the darkest days of winter.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer -- makes me look put together with a minimum of fuss.
- Gold Binder Clips -- make even a stack of bills look glamorous.
- PaperMate Flair Felt Tip Pens -- somehow give me amazingly chic handwriting (the fuchsia color is my favorite...
- Levenger Circa Notebook system -- changed my life. no joke. I use the junior size and have a section for daily to do lists, for ideas for my blog and business, for ideas for projects and even a section for vintage items I want to remember to look for on Ebay. I spend a lot of time on the bus and this notebook-cum-universe-of -my-mind never fails to fill the time.
- Chowhound city boards -- I love love love ChowHound's city specific discussion boards. Every time I'm taking a trip I read the boards before I leave and come up with a short list of cafes and restaurants that sound like foodie paradise.
Sometimes it is the best burger stand and other times the best steak dinner, but ChowHound always makes me feel less like an outsider and guarantees some amazing meals, even in places I'm sure there isn't anything but fast food.
- The Week Magazine -- is a weekly summary of national and international news from a wide variety of newspapers and journals wrapped in a perfectly designed 20 or so pages. And, the recipe of the week is always worth cooking!
- J Crew Solid Washed Favorite Tank -- I literally have ten of these tanks. The purple color is my favorite (although it is currently sold out). I've found this tank is a perfect pregnancy layer.
- D'Aulaires Book of Greek Myths. This was one of my favorite books as a child and continues to delight me as an adult.