I realize we haven’t even hit Christmas eve yet, but I’m in menu planning overdrive…I think it would be fun to do a family fondue party on New Year’s eve, but having never made it before and suspecting that it can easily turn into a sad greasy mess, I’m a smidge intimidated.
Anyone have good (relatively idiot proof) fondue recipes to share?? (one for cheese and one for chocolate, which I suspect is far easier than cheese, no?)
And now for you…the hearts of palm salad. My foodie friend Julie passed this recipe on and I make it All. The. Time. It’s really awesome.
- 2 heads of butter lettuce
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup of walnuts tossed in butter and brown sugar, lightly toasted and sprinkled with salt
- 1 jar of hearts of palm, sliced
- ½ lb of blue cheese or sweet gorgonzola
- 1 cup walnut oil
- ½ cup chardonnay vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar (or more, to taste)
- 1 shallot finely minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all of the dressing ingredients together (sometimes I mix in the blender to emulsify a bit) and toss the lettuce with it first then layer the other ingredients on top.