I’m happy to report that Audrey’s birthday party was a success…the gaggle of sweet woodland fairies seemed to have a pretty swell time, and honestly I had a blast pulling it all together.
Here’s the run-down.
- The guests arrived and each got outfitted with fairy wings and a handmade woodland fairy “crown” created by my brilliant friend Achlee (they were seriously cool and by far Audrey’s most special gift of the day.)
- The girlies then moved to the face painting station for some serious fairy styling.
- Then they embarked on a treasure hunt for flowers, pom poms, jewels and sequins that they would later use to fashion peat pots into little fairy huts to take home (idea courtesy of the genius Lynne -- I love internet friends.)
- While the huts were drying, the girls tucked into their tea party and miraculously, instantly morphed into the most well-mannered group of five-year-olds I have ever encountered. Ever.
But the highlight occured when I was tucking Audrey into bed last night, and she declared that she’d like to make a list (be still my beating heart -- A LIST) of all the things she wants to learn this year…before she turns 6. I couldn’t resist sharing with you.
Herewith Audrey’s List: (dictated by Audrey)
Things I want to learn before I turn five and once I learn them my Mom will put a check next to them.
- To whistle
- To snap
- To read
- To ride a bike
- To play checkers
- To roller skate (and ice skate)
- To blow bubbles
She’s an ambitious kid that one...