One of Pia Jane's lovely and clever photos... (one of the items currently on my "list")
The third (and final*) installment of list goodness features Chelsea of Frolic’s inspiring and unerring eye, and (as a perfect antidote to my new found obsession with obtaining that Hayden Harnett bag, the Charley Harper book, some Andrea Corson earrings, a Wiksten dress and a cache of vintage stamps) Pia Jane Bijkerk’s soulful "must haves"…
Although I really want that Hayden Harnett bag.
p.s. -- if you’re still craving more, Emily (Laura’s other half at the scoop) has posted a most excellent list…
*p.p.s. -- I loved putting together this little project so much that I’m planning to turn it into a regular Friday feature… Stay tuned.
Chelsea’s List (Frolic)
- Vintage SLR 680 Polaroid Camera- I don't aspire to be a photographer by any stretch of the imagination. But I have a serious addiction to this camera and the whole experience of taking a Polaroid picture.
- Crosley Stack-O-Matic Record Player- It feels so romantic to place a record on the turntable.
- The Finches- I love the organic, lighthearted sound of this band.
- Liberty of London Fabrics- After 15 years, my obsession for these chintzy little fabrics has never faded.
- Vintage I. Magnin Dress- My favorite dress that I found for $2.50 at the Goodwill. It's just my style and fits to a T.
Pia Jane’s List (enhance the everyday)
- Life – I am a passionate adorer of life - my life and everyone else's…
- Children - For me, a world without children would be a miserable, dull, and boring place. I've always had children around me -- They inspire me, and teach me about life. If I didn't do what I do now, I'd most likely be a kindergarten teacher! But then somehow my hunger for creating art took over and before I knew it I was head on into a fine art degree. I'd like to combine both my loves and write and illustrate children's books one day.
- Writing -- I have been writing since I was a child -- keeping a diary was imperative to my growth as a person. My Mum bought me my first notebook as a diary as soon as I learned to write. She always encouraged me to write how I was feeling inside, always encouraged me to express myself in my writing if I found I couldn't express it verbally. 25 years later I have an attic full of notebooks filled with stories, feelings, thoughts, philosophies and theories.
- Creating -- Right now I am on a creative binge, which means my mind is full of ideas and all I can do is document them all - my partner cooks, and cleans, and does all the housework when I am like this, he seems to instinctively know how important this creative release is and that I wouldn't feed myself if he didn't cook! I'm often jumping around the boat moving from one creative medium to the other when this happens (I write, draw, photograph and write music -- they are my main creative outlets). The only problem with this is that I find it really hard to drop my notes and get on with my day job. So on weekends when I am on this creative binge I pretty much just lock myself in the boat and get out as much as I can so that I can get on with my shoots during the week. Nice in theory, hard in practice.
- My Piano -- I have played piano since I was three. It has always been such an important part of my life, to have those keys at hand to run my fingers across and let the music in my head come out into the air.
- Photography -- I think in pictures and sounds. I am always striving to re-create the visions in my mind's eye, using natural light and whatever props and goodies I have on hand.
- Nature -- I need it in my life as much as I need air to breathe and water to drink. It feeds me.
- Love -- I'm always in love.
- Good Food -- Need I say more?
- Friendship -- Without friendship, I'd be a withering little dried up blossom. My friends are the ones who inspire my creativity and help me to make the right decisions in my life.